Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Living in Friedenau

Sunday night I moved into my new room in Friedenau. The neighborhood is straight out of suburbia but German style. Everywhere you look, there are four or five story apartment buildings that look like giant houses lining the roads. Each apartment is some middle class family's home sweet home. In the mornings, there hundreds of little kids walking around with their big backpacks going to school. Some of these kids look like they could be four or five, but here they are, walking down the street and sometimes taking trains with no adult supervision at all! I guess that means this is at least a safe neighborhood. It's really funny to hear these little kids speaking German to each other because when I hear them talk, I know that they are probably better speakers than me! I don't think I've ever been able to translate what these little kids are talking about... There's also a lot of people that bike around this neighborhood. I've really gotta be careful about getting in their way because they WILL plow you down. If you hear a little *ding ding* of a bell and you happen to be standing on a bike path, WATCH OUT!

My New Room!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea I don't think kids that age could pull that off here. I can barely manage to get on the train back in Chicago and I'm in college.

Man I need to start checking back more, last week you had like one post, now its like thirty haha.

Take it easy.